Do’s and Don’ts
Here are some do’s and don’ts recommended by Ayurveda:
- Never skip meals
- Always have food on time
- Food should be well-cooked and preferably home-made
- Include lot of fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet
- Diet should be based on the basic constitution of the person
- Overeating should be avoided. As per Ayurveda, a little stomach space should be left vacant for easing out the digestion.
- Avoid incompatible food combinations; for example curd and fish
- Herbs and spices are good for your health
- Drink water before or after your meal, but never in between a meal.
- Include all the six basic tastes in meal namely sour, bitter, sweet, salty, astringent and pungent
- Do not eat food in a hurry. Eat in a calm and quiet place and chew your food properly
- Do not lie down or sleep just after a meal. Instead walk for a while
- Lunch should be the largest meal of the day
- Dinner should be atleast three to four hours before bedtime